Friday 28 June 2019

Charlotte Butler Nelson memorial window dedicated at First Baptist Church 2


As I said in my post here about the church stained glass window dedicated to my great
grandmother, in all the references I found about this, she is referred to as Mrs Elias Nelson.


When I contacted the First Baptist Church in Truro hoping to have a photo of
the window, I referred to my great grandmother as Charlotte Butler Nelson. They had trouble finding anything until I sent them an excerpt from the dedication service program and a newspaper story about the event.

Success. I soon received two photos. You can see why they had trouble finding the window.

It's a beautiful window that remains installed in First Baptist Church to this day, almost 53 years after it was dedicated.

I'm glad that women are now known by their own names, and not those of their husbands, and understand that it was different era, but it really wasn't that long ago.

The never ending story continues....













© Margaret Dougherty 2016-2018 All rights reserved

About the Family of Robert Young and Isabella Knox

I wrote about my great grandfather, Robert Alexander Young , here . Now it's time to write about the family he and my great grandmother...