Of course I can't pick just one. It's just impossible. I tried. I still have far too many loose threads in my relatively immediate direct ancestry. But for the sake of brevity, here are my choices -- they're all either in Ireland or Scotland:
- my 2nd great grandmothers, Mary Ann Diamond (1804-1842) and Margaret McKenzie (abt 1798-1865)
- my 3rd great grandparents:
- James Dougherty (d bef 1830) and Isabella McLaughlin (d 1830)
- Edward Caroline (d bef 1834) and Rose Sheridan (d bef 1842)
- Hugh Donovan and Bridget Connor
- Isabella Gillanders (abt 1775-bef 1851)
- my 4th great grandparents, Alexander Nelson (abt 1737-1803) and Margaret Robinson (1735-1823)
Oh, you've noted that yes, there's a pattern here. All I'm trying to do is to push back my research to another generation. The dream (or is it the lament?) of all family genealogists. It's the little things, after all, right?
- Where were you and your parents born?
- What are your and their birthdates?
- Do you know the names of your grandparents and their details?
The never ending story continues....
© Margaret Dougherty 2016-2018 All rights reserved