Saturday 22 June 2019

Ancestor photos are always the absolute best finds of all


courtesy of Nona McKeever

In all my research, I often regret the absence of images of my ancestors, direct or indirect, as these so help to bring each ancestor to life.

I wrote about the Very Rev James J Dougherty (1843-1906) of Kingston, New York here. A 4th cousin once removed is in the process of organizing a household move (never something for the faint of heart), and came across an old event program listing all the pastors of St Joseph's Catholic Church in Kingston since 1868. The program includes this photograph of James in 1868, the year he was assigned St Joseph's first pastor that year. James was 25 years old in 1868.

James is a great nephew of my 2nd great grandfather, Marcus Dougherty, and my 2nd cousin once removed.

And the never ending story continues ....



© Margaret Dougherty 2016-2019 All rights reserved

About the Family of Robert Young and Isabella Knox

I wrote about my great grandfather, Robert Alexander Young , here . Now it's time to write about the family he and my great grandmother...