Monday 5 February 2018

Surnames A-Z: G, H, K, J, K

A 2017 Facebook meme had people listing their their mother's maiden name, father's surname, maternal and paternal grandparents' surnames, and sometimes even a few more generations back. By any norms, a bit too much information in this cyber age. 

Just think how many security questions ask for your mother's maiden name. And let's not even get into having that information on your Facebook wall, especially if you have your settings set to public (instead of friends only). You don't do that, do you? 


In a series of posts, I'm listing my direct ancestors' surnames, starting with "A" and going through to "Y" -- I have no direct or indirect "Z" ancestors. So far. 


We may share a surname, but this doesn't necessarily mean we're related, but if you think we are, please contact me using the email link on the right side of this post.


My "G" surnames:

  • (de) Gael
  • Gallion
  • Gascoigne
  • (de) Geneville
  • (de) Ghent
  • Gilmore
  • Godfrey
  • Goff
  • Goodspeed
  • Gordon
  • Grandison
  • (de) Grandmesnil
  • Greenfield
  • Griswold
My "H" surnames:
  • (de) Haineault
  • Harris
  • Hart
  • Hatch
  • Heath
  • Hewes
  • Hinksman
  • Hobart
  • Hodgson
  • Hopkins
  • How
  • Howes
  • Hulins
My "J" surnames:
  • Janes
  • Johnson
  • Judd
My "K" surnames:
  • Kent
  • Kingston
  • Kirton
  • Knowles
  • Knox

The never ending story continues....



© Margaret Dougherty 2016-2018 All rights reserved

About the Family of Robert Young and Isabella Knox

I wrote about my great grandfather, Robert Alexander Young , here . Now it's time to write about the family he and my great grandmother...