Tuesday 2 January 2018

Stephen Hopkins and All Saints Church, Upper Clatford, Hampshire

Happy new year to all!

I first wrote about Stephen Hopkins (1581-1644), my 10th great grandfather (and my direct Mayflower ancestor), soon after I began this blog, here. Today, another genealogy blogger, Heather Wilkinson Rojo, has written a post on her blog, Nutfield Genealogy, in her series of Tombstone Tuesdays posts about the churchyard in Upper Clatford, Hampshire, England, Stephen's birthplace. But Heather's post includes photos, and so I decided to post a link to her excellent post here. While you're looking at these photos, be sure to click on the link to Heather's earlier post that gives more information about Stephen.

Here's my line of descent from Stephen Hopkins to my great grandmother, Charlotte Butler:

Stephen Hopkins m Mary Kent
Giles Hopkins m Katherine Weldon
Deborah Hopkins m Josiah Cooke
Deborah Cooke m Moses Godfrey
David Godfrey m Priscilla Baker
Jonathan Godfrey m Lucy Calkin 
Samuel Godfrey m Olive Webster
Margaret White Godfrey m John Waddell Fisher
Mary Olive Fisher m Samuel Butler
Charlotte Butler m Elias Nelson

The never ending story continues....



© Margaret Dougherty 2016-2018 All rights reserved

About the Family of Robert Young and Isabella Knox

I wrote about my great grandfather, Robert Alexander Young , here . Now it's time to write about the family he and my great grandmother...