Monday 27 November 2017

Found: Isabella McGranahan Diamond's death notice

Of course, I'm like a dog with a bone when it comes to trying to close gaps in my genealogy hunting. After my post this morning, I returned to the search for the 1945 death notice for my 2nd cousin twice removed, Isabella.

Success! I found it. I just needed to be more creative in my search terms. While her given name was Isabella, she went by Dolly, but also be Isabelle. That is the name under which I found her death notice. Isabelle died back in her birthplace, Kingston. I wonder what the Perry home was -- was it the home of a family named Perry? Was it an institution?

Kingston Daily Freeman, 17 Sep 1945
Note that according to the notice, Isabelle was to be buried in the family plot at St Mary's Cemetery in Kingston. Which family? I found her late husband George's grave marker, but not Isabelle's. Perhaps hers hasn't yet been photographed or it's lost to the ages. Her sister Anna Penny is also buried in St Mary's Cemetery.

The rest of their family, parents James McGranahan and Margaret Dougherty, brother William McGranahan and sisters Margaret McGranahan and Rosemary Allen are all buried in St Peter's Cemetery in Rosendale, New York.

The never ending story continues.....


© Margaret Dougherty 2016-2017 All rights reserved

About the Family of Robert Young and Isabella Knox

I wrote about my great grandfather, Robert Alexander Young , here . Now it's time to write about the family he and my great grandmother...