Sunday 19 February 2017

Loyalist Flag Raising at Ontario Genealogical Society 2017 Conference


As I mentioned here, I'm looking forward to the Ontario Genealogical Society's annual conference in Ottawa in June. Anyone reading my blog who has an interest in United Empire Loyalists will want to know that there will be a Loyalist Flag Raising at Ottawa City Hall on Friday, June 16 at 11 a.m. as part of the Conference program. Here are more details.

The best deal on accommodation for the conference is the student residence at the conference  venue, Algonquin College. But the residence is now sold out. Early bird rates to register for this not-to-be-missed conference end on Mar 31. Check the conference website now to book your attendance.

Me? I'm not a Loyalist descendant, as my earliest immigrants to Canada from the United States were New England Planters, arriving before the Revolutionary War, or arrived long after that time.

The never ending story continues.....


© Margaret Dougherty 2016-2017 All rights reserved

About the Family of Robert Young and Isabella Knox

I wrote about my great grandfather, Robert Alexander Young , here . Now it's time to write about the family he and my great grandmother...