|Henry VI (1421-1471)|
National Portrait Gallery
This series is, as it says here, epic, and brings my ancestors to life. Several of the major characters are my aunts, uncles and cousins many times removed, beginning with the title character in the first episode, Henry VI, Part I, who is my 1/2 2nd cousin, 17 times removed. Yes, that's a bit of a remote connection, I'll grant you. But he's still my ancestor, and I'll claim him.
Other ancestors of mine in Henry VI, Part I include:
- Humphrey, Duke of Gloucester (1390-1447)
- Richard of York (1411-1460) and his wife, Cecily Nevill (1415-1495), who were the parents of Edward IV and Richard III
- Cecily's brother Richard, known as Warwick the Kingmaker (1428-1471)
- Henry Beaufort, the Bishop of Winchester (abt 1375-1447)
- Henry's brother Thomas Beaufort, Duke of Exeter (abt 1377-1426)
- Their nephew Edmund Beaufort, Duke of Somerset (1406-1455)
- Edmund Mortimer (1391-1425)
- William de la Pole, Duke of Suffolk (1396-1450)
The never ending story continues.....
© Margaret Dougherty 2016 All rights reserved