Sunday 3 July 2016

And so it begins .....

Welcome to my family history blog. After much procrastination and thought, I've decided to start to record some of my family history finds and share my own excitement and enthusiasm for family history. Am I a family historian or a genealogist? I go back and forth between the two. 

For as long as I can remember, I've been intrigued by genealogy. This is a love I inherited from my parents, along with another passion: anyone royal and their biography. As a young girl, I thought it was so fancy to actually have a family pedigree chart, and would spend many hours poring over these in the backs of biographies borrowed from the library.

This was of course in the days before the internet. The dark ages. Research was much more difficult then, with little opportunity to experience the thrill of instant gratification that the internet gives me multiple times when in the midst of a new research project.

Bear with me as I get this off the ground. There are so many stories to tell. 

About the Family of Robert Young and Isabella Knox

I wrote about my great grandfather, Robert Alexander Young , here . Now it's time to write about the family he and my great grandmother...